G-20 protesters plan to fool cops on April 1st
London, April 1, 2009 (ANI)
On the sidelines of the G-20 summit meeting are the innovative protests and demonstrations that will attract just about as much attention as the photo opportunity of world leaders shaking hands. Protestors have every intention of being innovative and clever and fool the over 20,000 cops who will be on duty on April 1st and 2nd during the summit.
All leave has been cancelled in the Metropolitan police and extra officers are being drafted in from forces across the country to help the capital's force during the entire week. But anarchists, anti-globalisation, anti-war and environmental protest groups are forming alliances to storm buildings, seal off roads, set up impromptu climate camps and launch inflatable dinghies in an attempt to breach the summit security at the Excel centre in Docklands via the river Thames.
According to Financial News there are 10 groups planning to descend on the Square Minle and its neighbouring streets
ANARCHISTS: This group is urging followers to meet in the Square Mile on April 1 and "take back what's ours." The plan is to storm banks, and what they say reclaim their money and "send the bankers packing."
FINANCIAL FOOLS: This group is not clear where or when they will hold their protest march but they will gather at the financial district to protest "20 governments cannot decide on the future of the global financial system and economy."
G-20 MELTDOWN: This group again has a grouse against rich nations having taken the world down with them. "Their tax-dodging, bonus-guzzling, pension-pinching, unregulated free market world's in meltdown and those fools think we're going to bail them out. They've gotta be joking!" The group is planning protests at Moorgate, Liverpool Street, London Bridge and Cannon Street.
FOSSIL FOOLS: This group will "Pull a prank that packs a punch." on April 1st. So watch out for some pie throwing or to be contemporary some shoe hurling. Bankers beware because these guys have also asked supporters to "spank a bank" by shutting down cash machines with "out of order" stickers. They will campaign against the use of fossil fuels over alternative energy sources.
CLIMATE CHANGE: Protesting under the banner of "because nature doesn't do bailout," Climate Camp plan to converge on the European Climate Exchange at Bishopsgate at 12:30 GMT on April 1. Will they get violent or play a prank is anybody's guess.
BRISTOL DISSENT: Regional group Bristol Dissent has asked followers to crash the stock exchange on April 2 and, in their words, "Eat capitalism for breakfast" and "disrupt the traders whose financial egomania perpetuates global injustice."
STOP WAR COALITION: This group has teamed up with the British Muslim Initiative to hold a demonstration outside the US embassy on April 1st. .
CAMPAIGN FOR NUCLEAR DISARMAMENT: Their protest will also take place outside the American Embassy on April 1.
GOVERNMENT OF THE DEAD: This group will meet outside the Bank of England at midday on April 1 and pledge to create a better world from the "train wreck bequeathed to us by the decadent, decomposing corpse of capitalism."
|I am the Editor News, at Asian News International (ANI), Indiaís leading Multimedia News Agency and the India Correspondent for Channel News Asia, a Singapore based broadcaster.|
- You can't sweep this battle under a rug
- Let's go back to an 'Interruptible and Conditional' dialogue with Pak
- In Republic we trust
- Good governance isn't God's gift
- Hype is bound to die out
- 'Make the budget here'
- BJP: A few good men, but not in UP
- Watching you closely, Pakistan
- Summer of social networking in Kashmir
- The Gods and Me
- Operation ĎSafe Homecomingí plays out on Twitter
- Farewell Jassal
- No Drama Obama and MMS style similar
- ExCel centre no Vigyan Bhavan
- Itís Kadi Chawal for Manmohan and a Marwari-UP combo for Sonia!
- India will get access to Headley: Obama
- Where are all the Mangaloreans?
- G-20 protesters plan to fool cops on April 1st
- It's almost a "Satvik" meal for rich leaders
- Londeners stay home as thousands of VIPs come in
- OMG! The Kaftan is a fashion statement this summer
- Recession hit Americans don't buy Indian mangoes
- Sex for Gas!
- No summer jobs for Indian students in US
- Thorium Reactors Integral To Indian Energy Independence
- Itís all about energy
- Russian Troika is a happy meal that US won't like
- PM lays wreath at Unknown Soldier tomb
- American security for Manmohan
- Suicide bomber held on eve of PM's arrival
- Manmohan Singh visits Babarís tomb
- KABUL DIARY Chaos everywhere
- Saris Losing Popularity in Tamil Nadu
- PM has enough of NRI meetings
- India combats Pak lies with sharp wit at UN